(no subject)
2026-10-06 15:27Today is our dog Velma's birthday.
Initially we planned to throw an actual party for her, inviting a few friends and their dogs, who Velma gets along with. We decided we didn't have the time and funds to plan that, especially with a trip coming up, so instead we planned to do something small just here at home: special food for meals, a couple of gifts, a long walk through the local forest.
Unfortunately, Blair ended up having to work extra late today. It's half past three and she's still not home.
So! I went out. I bought Velma's gifts, I got some doggie ice cream, some party hats, and a couple of cake pops for Blair and I. I came home, dressed Velma up and took some photos, then loaded up her enrichment puzzle toy and her snuffle mat and let her play some party games.
Now we're sitting on the couch together - her resting, me folding some laundry - listening to a spooky podcast and waiting for Blair. Hopefully she gets home with plenty of time for a walk, but I know it was a rough day so she might not have the energy for it.
Either way, we have cake and ice cream and presents left, and some family birthday selfies to take.
Initially we planned to throw an actual party for her, inviting a few friends and their dogs, who Velma gets along with. We decided we didn't have the time and funds to plan that, especially with a trip coming up, so instead we planned to do something small just here at home: special food for meals, a couple of gifts, a long walk through the local forest.
Unfortunately, Blair ended up having to work extra late today. It's half past three and she's still not home.
So! I went out. I bought Velma's gifts, I got some doggie ice cream, some party hats, and a couple of cake pops for Blair and I. I came home, dressed Velma up and took some photos, then loaded up her enrichment puzzle toy and her snuffle mat and let her play some party games.
Now we're sitting on the couch together - her resting, me folding some laundry - listening to a spooky podcast and waiting for Blair. Hopefully she gets home with plenty of time for a walk, but I know it was a rough day so she might not have the energy for it.
Either way, we have cake and ice cream and presents left, and some family birthday selfies to take.